Lets talk about TOEFL iBT. Although, TOEFL iBT Test consists of 4 sections, Reading, Listening, Speaking & Writing. In this article we will focus on Reading section.
|Section||Time Limit (Minutes)||Questions|
TOEFL iBT Reading Section
The Reading section of TOEFL iBT measures your ability to read and comprehend the information presented in the form of passages. The Reading section in TOEFL iBT consists of 3-5 texts; each text is about 700-750 words long. Each reading text is followed by 12-14 questions related to the text. The allotted time ranges from 60-80 minutes and the number of questions ranges from 36-56. Students need to read and interpret the information. The aim of the passage in most of the reading is incorporated in the introductory paragraph, so it is very important for the reader to understand what he/she is reading. Students are also expected to read a lot of academic material on variety of subjects i.e. History, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Literature, and Science.
Strategies for Reading:
1) Read Extensively – engage in Active reading
2) Skim and scan the text
3) Highlight the main points/ Take notes
4) Focus on Vocabulary
5) Transition from Casual to Critical reading
6) Use contextual clues to locate the meaning of difficult words.
7) Read the passage even if you are familiar with the content.
8) Use time strategically.
- We will teach YOU the skills required to ace the test.
- We give YOU the tools to simplify complicated text and crack the questions.
- We have just ONE GOAL – TO TRAIN YOU TO GET A HIGH SCORE.